Gujarat is a state in western India known for its rich culture, heritage, and natural beauty. It is home to a variety of tourist attractions, from ancient temples and forts to stunning wildlife sanctuaries and beaches. Here is a list of the top 10 tourist places in Gujarat:
Top 10 tourist places in gujarat
1. Statue of Unity
The Statue of Unity is the world’s tallest statue one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, located near Kevadia in the state of Gujarat, India. It depicts Indian statesman and independence activist Vallabhbhai Patel, who was the first deputy prime minister and home minister of independent India and an adherent of Mahatma Gandhi.
The statue is 182 meters (600 feet) tall, and is made of bronze and reinforced concrete. It was designed by Indian sculptor Ram V. Sutar, and was constructed by Larsen & Toubro. The statue was inaugurated on October 31, 2018, by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The Statue of Unity is a popular tourist destination, and attracts visitors from all over the world. Visitors can take a lift to the top of the statue, where they can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area. The statue is also surrounded by a number of other attractions, including a museum, a garden, and a children’s play area.
Here are some more interesting facts about the Statue of Unity:
- The statue took over four years to build.
- It is made of over 70,000 metric tons of bronze and 25,000 metric tons of steel.
- The statue is so tall that it can be seen from over 20 kilometers away.
- It is surrounded by a 12-square-kilometer reservoir.
- The statue is located in a remote area of Gujarat, and is accessible by road, rail, and air.
- The Statue of Unity is a symbol of India’s unity and strength. It is also a reminder of the sacrifices made by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and other freedom fighters in the struggle for India’s independence.
2. Gir National Park
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, Gir National Park is a wildlife sanctuary and national park in Gujarat, India. It is the only place in the world where Asiatic lions live in the wild. The park is also home to a variety of other wildlife, including leopards, hyenas, crocodiles, and over 300 species of birds.
Gir National Park is a popular tourist destination, and visitors can go on safaris to spot lions and other wildlife. The park also has a number of other attractions, including a museum, a nature trail, and a crocodile breeding center.
Here are some interesting facts about Gir National Park:
- The park was established in 1965 to protect the Asiatic lion.
- The park covers an area of over 1,400 square kilometers.
- The park is home to over 600 Asiatic lions, which is the largest population of these lions in the world.
- The park is also home to over 300 species of birds, including peacocks, flamingoes, and cranes.
- The park is a popular tourist destination, and visitors can go on safaris to spot lions and other wildlife.
Here are some tips for visiting Gir National Park:
- The best time to visit Gir National Park is from October to June, when the weather is pleasant.
- Visitors can go on safaris to spot lions and other wildlife. Safaris are organized by the Forest Department, and can be booked online or in person.
- Visitors should wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and should bring a hat and sunscreen.
- It is important to be respectful of the wildlife and the environment. Visitors should not litter or disturb the animals.
Gir National Park is a unique and special place. It is a must-visit for anyone who loves nature and wildlife.tunesharemore_vert
3. Sabarmati Ashram
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, Sabarmati Ashram is a museum and a popular tourist destination in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was the home of Mahatma Gandhi, the leader of the Indian independence movement, and his wife Kasturba Gandhi for over 12 years. The ashram was founded in 1915, and played a significant role in the Indian independence movement.
The ashram is a simple complex of buildings, surrounded by gardens and trees. It is a place where Gandhi and his followers lived and worked together, and where they experimented with new ways of living and organizing society. The ashram was also a place where Gandhi trained his followers in the principles of non-violence and civil disobedience.
The ashram is now a museum, and visitors can learn about Gandhi’s life and work. The museum houses a collection of Gandhi’s personal belongings, as well as photographs and documents related to his life and work. Visitors can also see the rooms where Gandhi and his followers lived and worked.
The ashram is a popular tourist destination, and attracts visitors from all over the world. It is a place where people can learn about Gandhi’s life and work, and about the Indian independence movement.
Here are some things you can do at Sabarmati Ashram:
- Visit the museum to learn about Gandhi’s life and work.
- See the rooms where Gandhi and his followers lived and worked.
- Take a walk through the gardens and trees.
- Attend a prayer meeting at the ashram.
- Participate in a spinning workshop.
- Visit the library to read books and articles about Gandhi and the Indian independence movement.
- Sabarmati Ashram is a special place, and it is a must-visit for anyone who is interested in Gandhi, the Indian independence movement, or Indian history.
4. Akshardham Temple
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple complex in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It is one of the largest and most beautiful temples in India. The temple is dedicated to Swaminarayan, a Hindu god. Visitors can admire the temple’s intricate architecture and sculptures, and learn about Hindu culture.
The temple was built by the Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), a Hindu sect. It took 13 years to build, and was completed in 2005. The temple is made of pink sandstone, and is decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures. The temple complex also includes a number of other attractions, such as a museum, a garden, and a water show.
Here are some interesting facts about Akshardham Temple:
- The temple is 108 feet tall and 40 feet wide.
- It is made of 11,000 tons of pink sandstone.
- It is decorated with over 20,000 sculptures.
- The temple complex also includes a museum, a garden, and a water show.
- The temple is a popular tourist destination, and attracts over 10 million visitors each year.
- Akshardham Temple is a must-visit for anyone who is interested in Hindu culture or architecture. It is a beautiful and inspiring place that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
5. Somnath Temple
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, Somnath Temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga temples in India. It is a revered Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea, and is a popular pilgrimage site. Visitors can pray at the temple and admire its beautiful architecture.
The temple is believed to have been built over 5,000 years ago. It has been destroyed and rebuilt several times over the centuries. The most recent reconstruction was completed in 1951.
The temple is a magnificent structure, made of white marble and sandstone. It is decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures. The temple complex also includes a number of other attractions, such as a museum, a garden, and a beach.
Somnath Temple is a must-visit for anyone who is interested in Hindu culture or architecture. It is a beautiful and inspiring place that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Here are some things you can do at Somnath Temple:
- Pray at the temple and seek Lord Shiva’s blessings.
- Admire the temple’s beautiful architecture and sculptures.
- Visit the museum to learn about the temple’s history and significance.
- Take a walk through the garden and enjoy the natural beauty.
- Relax on the beach and watch the sunset.
- Somnath Temple is a special place, and it is sure to be a memorable experience for all visitors.
6. Dwarkadhish Temple
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, The Dwarkadhish Temple, also known as the Jagat Mandir, is a Hindu temple located in the city of Dwarka, Gujarat, India. It is dedicated to Lord Krishna, the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The temple was built by the Pushtimarg Sampraday, a Hindu religious movement.
The temple is a five-storey building, supported by 72 pillars. The main temple, the Jagat Mandir or Nij Mandir, is known for its idols of Lord Krishna. The walls and ceilings of the temple are decorated with paintings and sculptures of Hindu mythology.
The temple is an important Hindu pilgrimage site and is visited by millions of devotees every year. Many religious rituals and ceremonies are held at the temple.
Here are some tips for visiting the Dwarkadhish Temple:
- The temple is open from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm.
- There is no entrance fee for the temple.
- There are many shops in the temple where you can buy religious items and souvenirs.
- If you want to worship at the temple, you will need to purchase a sacred thread.
7. Rani ki Vav
one of Top 10 tourist places in gujarat, Rani ki Vav (The Queen’s Stepwell) is a famous stepwell located in Patan, Gujarat, India. It was built in the 11th century by Rani Udayamati of the Chaulukya dynasty in memory of her husband, Bhimadev I. Rani ki Vav is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Rani ki Vav is a seven-storey structure, 64 meters long, 20 meters wide, and 28 meters deep. The sides of the stepwell are decorated with beautiful sculptures of Hindu gods and goddesses and other religious themes. Rani ki Vav is considered one of the most beautiful and well-preserved stepwells in India.
Tips before visiting Gujarat
Here are some tips before visiting Gujarat:
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Gujarat is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant. Summers can be very hot, with temperatures reaching up to 45 degrees Celsius.
- How to get to Gujarat: Gujarat is well-connected to other parts of India by air, rail, and road. The major airports in Gujarat are Ahmedabad International Airport and Surat International Airport. The major railway stations in Gujarat are Ahmedabad Junction, Vadodara Junction, and Surat Railway Station.
- Getting around Gujarat: The best way to get around Gujarat is by bus or train. There is also a good network of private taxis and car rentals.
- Accommodation: Gujarat offers a variety of accommodation options, from budget guesthouses to luxury hotels. You can book your accommodation in advance, especially if you are visiting during the peak season.
- Food and drink: Gujarat is known for its delicious vegetarian cuisine. Some of the popular Gujarati dishes include thali, dhokla, khakra, and handvo. Gujarat is also home to a number of international restaurants.
- Things to do: Gujarat has a lot to offer visitors, including historical monuments, religious sites, natural beauty, and wildlife. Some of the popular tourist attractions in Gujarat include the Statue of Unity, Gir National Park, Sabarmati Ashram, and Akshardham Temple.
- Culture and customs: Gujarat is a conservative state, so it is important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. It is also customary to greet people with a “Namaste” or “Jai Hind.”
- Safety: Gujarat is a relatively safe state, but it is always important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions against petty theft.